Friday, December 09, 2005

Fujitsu-Siemens P1510

I had a chance to have a look at Fujitsu-Siemens' new tablet laptop, P1510. Weighting only about one kilogram, this piece of device is very handy while on the road. The keyboard is quite small, at least for people with large fingers, but after some test driving, I was able to write text at almost full speed. So no problem there.

The screen is 1024x600, which is of course quite limited, but still just enough for browsing web, reading email, and remote ssh connections. The battery power was a little dissapointment; only a few hours of operation, which is definately not enough. Well, there is a bigger battery available, which will give out something like five hours of operational time, so I think it is a necessity. The laptop also heated up from the bottom quite heavily, although I set the CPU power to quite minimum (SpeedSwitchXP).

Connectivity could be better. Although there is Bluetooth, which can be used for instance remote connectiong via mobile phone, it lacks a PCMCIA slot, but instead has a CF card slot. WLAN and Ethernet are both there, so that side is ok.

I will see if I can get one of these to be used at work, and if so, I will ask for bigger battery, and 1GB of RAM (it currently has 512MB). With those, I think this laptop is very nice and useful piece of equipment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home